Sunday 22 April 2012

Untitled Self Portrait - Before & After

Where I live is currently in the middle of a drought so naturally it's rained all week. Unable to get any of the shots I was hoping too I went for a quick play in my "urbex shed". 



Gear:
Canon Eos 7D
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8
Yongnuo YN460ii (x2)
Gridded octobox

Settings:
Focal Length: 28mm
Shutter: 1/125
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO: 400

It's not the most spacious area but it does has some cool walls for back drops.

The lighting set up for this shot was pretty simple. I had a YN460ii in a gridded reflective octobox umbrella…thing, above the camera. I was just over 1 meter away from the camera with another YN460ii on a stand, bare, right behind my head facing the wall that was about another meter away.






The Edit:

4 comments:

  1. great info Gary, and a great portrait. hope the blogs a success - I've no doubt it will be, your work is always excellent, entertaining and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Philippa! I'm doing it for myself as much as anything, documenting what I do in this way should help me see my faults and how to improve next time. Hoping people will give input too on how to do things better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrested in your Blog mate, Cheers for the setup shot, I hope you are going to stick with it and post often, I take great inspiration for guys like you who are so willing to share.

    P.s, what program did you use for the picture of your lighting setup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Pete, I'll post on here when I feel the shot warrents the time & effort.

    I used this website to make the diagram... http://www.professionalsnapshots.com/PhotoDiagram/

    ReplyDelete